District 58’s Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles
The mission of District 58, in partnership with parents and community, is to challenge and engage each child by providing quality educational programs and support services in a safe, nurturing, and child-centered environment in order to prepare all students to be lifelong learners and contributing members of a global society.
- We Envision a school district that inspires children, sparks creative and innovative thinking, celebrates diversity, and builds visionaries.
- We Seek an education that excites minds, touches spirits, challenges abilities, and prepares our children for life.
- We Believe every child should be expected to grow, stretch, evolve and embrace the challenges of the future in a global environment.
- Each student is capable of learning and deserves to be educated and challenged to reach his/her highest potential.
- Education is the foundation for success, both in academic achievement and social emotional development.
- Within each child, we will cultivate the social awareness, self-management, and responsible decision-making skills necessary to be a contributing member of society.
- Educators, students, families, and community members should work together to support the healthy development of all students.
- The school environment should be stimulating and engaging, with opportunities for creative, collaborative, and meaningful learning experiences.
- The school environment should be safe, friendly, and nurturing, where everyone comes to learn, grow, and develop.