District 58 will welcome grade K-8 students and families back to school on Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022. Preschool will start Friday, Aug. 26, 2022. To help families prepare, here is some helpful back to school information.
- AM Preschool: 8:50-11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- PM Preschool: 12:30-3:10 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Kindergarten: 8:15-11:20 a.m., Monday through Friday
- Grades 1-6 and Kindergarten with OKEEP: 8:15 a.m.-2 p.m. on Monday and 8:15 a.m.-3 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday
- Grades 7-8: 8:30 a.m.- 2:10 p.m. on Monday and 8:30 a.m.-3:17 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday. Early Bird classes (band, choir and orchestra) will take place from 7:45-8:25 a.m. Monday-Friday
First Day of School (K-8): Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022
Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 23-25, 2022
Winter Break: Dec. 19, 2022 -Jan. 2, 2023
Spring Break: March 27-31, 2023
Last Day of School: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 (if no emergency days are used)
Plus, District 58 will continue its Professional Learning Mondays program in 2022-23! On every Monday, students in grades K-6 will be dismissed at 2 p.m. and students in grades 7-8 at 2:10 p.m. to allow teachers time for professional learning. This dedicated time helps teachers implement new curriculum resources, improve their instructional practice, and better provide students with high-quality learning experiences.
Curriculum Night is a time for parents to meet as a group with their children’s teachers to learn about the curriculum for the various grade levels and ask questions. Please see the 2022 schedule below:
- Tuesday, Sept. 13 from 6-7:30 p.m.: Belle Aire, Highland, Henry Puffer, Lester, Pierce Downer, Whittier
- Wednesday, Sept. 14 from 6-7:30 p.m.: El Sierra, Fairmount, Hillcrest, Indian Trail, Kingsley
- Thursday, Sept. 15 from 6-7:30 p.m.: Herrick 7th Grade
- Monday, Sept. 19 from 6-7:30 p.m.: Herrick 8th Grade
- Wednesday, Sept. 21 from 6-7:30 p.m.: O'Neill
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 from 6-7:30 p.m.: Grove Children's Preschool at Henry Puffer
- Thursday, Sept. 29 from 6-7:30 p.m.: Grove Children's Preschool at Indian Trail
School Supply Lists
Please visit District 58's School Supply Lists page.
Health Examination and Immunization Requirements
View student health examination and immunization requirements (Spanish). There are specific requirements for students entering preschool, kindergarten, second grade and sixth grade, as well as for all new students. Visit the Health Services page for more information. Please note that these vaccinations and/or health examinations are required by state law even though the District is in remote learning.
Schools of 58 Parent Handbook
Please review the 2022-23 Schools of 58 Handbook with your child. It is important to annually review this handbook to understand District 58’s procedures.
Learn more about District 58 student registration. Plus, access the below links to pay fees.
Please visit our Bus Route webpage. It will be updated for the 2022-23 school year during the week of Aug. 22, 2022.
Before- and After-School Care
District 58 partners with Champions to provide onsite before- and after-school care at its elementary schools. In addition, several schools partner with outside childcare organizations to provide transportation to and from these locations. Please contact your individual school for more information.
Visit the Family Resources page to access information regarding communications, fees and fee waivers, student accident insurance and more.
District 58 will post their child’s teacher assignment/class schedule for the 2022-23 school year on the PowerSchool Parent Portal on Monday, Aug. 15.
Visit our Kindergarten Resource page for helpful kindergarten information. Some of the information on this page will also be helpful for new/transfer families as well.