September is National Preparedness Month. District 58’s top priority is the safety of our students, staff and visitors. In honor of Preparedness Month, District 58 will share important safety information with parents and staff in a four-part District 58 Emergency Preparedness communication series during the week of Sept. 23, 2019, which will conclude with a test of our emergency notification system on Friday. Here are the preparedness guides you can expect to receive this week; we will link them here after each is published.
- Monday: How does District 58 prepare for school emergencies?
- Tuesday: How can parents prepare for school emergencies?
- Wednesday: How does District 58 communicate emergency information?
- Thursday: How does District 58 respond to emergencies?
- Friday: Emergency test email, robocall and text, which will begin with “This is a test.”