Facility Planning Council
The Facility Planning Council will work on the following Strategic Plan objective:
Objective 3.1: Develop a focused and long-term facility improvement plan that ensures safe, modernized, and effective learning environments for all students, and considers the following:
- Air conditioning;
- 6th-8th grade middle schools;
- Class size and enrollment projections; and
- District facility use.
View the Goal 3 dashboardfor more information and progress. View the District 58 Facility Planning webpage for additional resources.
Meeting Presentations and Related Documents:
District 58 invites the public to attend a facility planning community engagement session. The sessions will take place:
Facility Planning Community Engagement Session #1
Tuesday, May 21 from 6-6:45 p.m. at O’Neill Middle School
Facility Planning Community Engagement Session #2
Wednesday, May 22 from 6-6:45 p.m. at Herrick Middle School
Early Facility Planning Council Work:
- May 2019 Facility Planning Update Presentation
- February Board of Education Facility Planning Update presentation.
- View the full Facility Planning Visioning and Alignment Report. (February 2019)
- Community Facility Planning Visioning Session presentation – Formal presentation given during the Jan. 23 and Feb. 5 meetings.
- Community Facility Planning Visioning Session video – Video from the presentation portion of the community visioning meetings.
- District 58 Community Facility Planning Visioning Session invitation – Sessions are taking place Jan. 23 and Feb. 5
- District 58 Staff Facility Planning Visioning Session invitation – Sessions take place throughout December 2018 and January 2019
- Visioning Session Report Draft — A draft was shared for review during the Nov. 5 Council meeting; this draft was revised and the final version was presented to the Board in February 2019.
- Visioning Session Presentation – During the Facility Planning Council’s Oct. 16 Visioning Session, architect Wight & Company presented this information.
- Proposal for Long-Range Facility Planning Services – Approved at Oct. 10 Board meeting
- Memo regarding proposal for Long-Range Facility Planning Services
- Tuesday, Sept. 25 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Tuesday, Oct. 16 from 12:30-4 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Monday, Nov. 5 from 7-9 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Tuesday, Dec. 18 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow Canceled due to weather
- Tuesday, Feb. 5 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda, Meeting Presentation
- Monday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m. at Village Hall – Regular Board of Education Meeting. This meeting will include Facility Planning Council presentation with architect. Presentation
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Tuesday, Apr 9 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Tuesday, Apr 23 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow – joint meeting with Instructional Model Review Council
- Monday, May 13 at 7 p.m. at Village Hall – Facility Planning Council will provide Board update
- Monday, May 20 from 3:45-5 p.m. at Longfellow
- Tuesday, May 28 from 3:45-5:15 p.m. at Longfellow, Agenda
- Monday, June 10 at 7 p.m. -Facility Planning Council will provide Board update
- Additional meetings will be scheduled.
Facility Planning Council members will also be invited to related staff and community engagement sessions. View a detailed meeting schedule.
- Todd Drafall, Chair and Assistant Superintendent for Business
- Kevin Barto, Director of Buildings and Grounds
- Geoff Neustadt, Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds
- Angie Rybarczyk, Custodian/DGCMA Representative
- Jason Suchy, Custodian/DGCMA Representative
- Diane Glowicki, Secretary/DGESP Representative
- Katie Hannigan, Manager of Business Services
- Julie Quinlan, Herrick Middle School Counselor
- Laura Taylor, Herrick Middle School Spanish Teacher
- Ellen Reitsma, O’Neill Middle School PE Teacher
- Kate Nickell, O’Neill Middle School ELA Teacher
- Kristen Steiner, Belle Aire Teacher
- Meghan Barclay, Hillcrest Teacher
- Linda Vanacora, Whittier Teacher
- Deanna Jacobs, Kingsley Teacher
- Joan Mommsen, Belle Aire Librarian
- Sarah David, Art Teacher (Traveling Teacher)
- Rose Cloud, Music Teacher (Traveling Teacher)
- Matt Durbala, Middle School Principal
- Lisa Niforatos, Fairmount Principal
- Julie Ovalle, PTA Parent Representative
- Jennifer Diamantos, Parent
- Emily Hanus, Parent and Board Member
- Wesley Del Prete, Parent
- Paula Hunsche, Parent
- Kevin Murphy, Parent