School Schedule for 2023-24:
- AM Preschool: 8:25-11:05 a.m., Monday through Friday (Please note that preschool times have changed slightly for 2023-24)*
- PM Preschool: 11:55-2:35 p.m., Monday through Friday (Please note that preschool times have changed slightly for 2023-24)*
- Kindergarten: 8:15-11:20 a.m., Monday through Friday
- Kindergarten and Grades 1-6: 8:15 a.m.-2 p.m. on Monday and 8:15 a.m.-3 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday
- Grades 7-8: 8:30 a.m.- 2:10 p.m. on Monday and 8:30 a.m.-3:17 p.m. on Tuesday-Friday. Early Bird classes (band, choir and orchestra) will take place from 7:45-8:25 a.m. Monday-Friday
Connect with District 58
- View District 58’s Communication Guide to learn how, where and when to receive information. It is critical that District 58 have accurate contact information for all parents and guardians. If your contact information changes, please contact your child’s school.
Please check back in late Summer of 2023 for the Family Handbook for 2023-24.
If your family qualifies for free/reduced meals, please complete the following paperwork:
- If you have children in both elementary and middle school only one application is necessary for all students. The completed forms may be returned to the child’s school or mailed to: Manager of Business Services, Downers Grove District 58, 2300 Warrenville Road, Suite 200NE, Downers Grove, IL 60515.
Illinois Community Food Map
- Families in Illinois who are eligible can now find free food or meal programs with a new interactive tool from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and Illinois SNAP. The tool can filter location of the food or meals, school and summer meal programs, and grocery stores and farmers markets accepting SNAP/LINK or WIC and Senior vouchers. A new filtering option allows users to find exactly which meals are offered at a location, including breakfast, lunch, snacks, supper, and weekend meals, including if the meals are offered free or at reducedd prices and who is eligible.
Student Registration, Fees, Payments
- Registration Information
- Kindergarten Information
- 2023-24 Student Fees
- Fee Waiver Application 2024-25 (Solicitud de exención de tarifas 2024-25)
- PushCoin – Use Pushcoin to pay student fees and middle school lunch accounts
- Note: Middle school students may purchase lunch in the cafeteria using cash, or by showing their student ID cards, which will be linked to the individual student’s PushCoin wallet. To add funds to your student wallet/lunch account, click on the link above, and access your account or create an account. Once your account is created you can add your student by clicking Users and Add User. From there follow the directions on how to add a student.
- Student accounts can also be funded by sending cash or a check made out to District 58 to be deposited at the register.
- View health guidance for when to send your child to school, and when to keep your child home when he/she is sick.
- View District 58’s immunization requirements. (Español).
- View information related to immunizations, health examinations, sports physicals and health resources.
Before and After School Care
Champions Program: Your right-at-school alternative to child care. For more information or to register, visit www.discoverchampions.com. All District 58 elementary schools offer before and after school care via the Champions program.
Several other area childcare providers offer before-and-after-school pickup and drop-off services. Please contact your child’s elementary school for details.
Back to School Toolkit
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
View information about the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and enrolling in school and receiving transportation if you are homeless or lack a fixed, regular or adequate nighttime residence.
If you or your child is experiencing a mental health crisis, please call 911 if the danger is imminent, or visit our Crisis Resources page for help.