The District 58 Board of Education invites the community to attend its virtual business meeting on Monday, June 8 at 7 p.m.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A discussion regarding 1:1 iPads for kindergarten
- A discussion on 2020-21 enrollment
- Review of the draft District 58 Board Policy Manual
- Several recommendations for action, including the approvals of:
- the 2020-21 Board meeting calendar
- an agreement to continue employee benefits consulting services with Group Alternatives
- a surety bond of treasurer
- a food service contract renewal with Aramark
- the transfer of interest income from the working cash fund to the sinking fund
- workers compensation, property and casualty insurance renewal
- employee health and wellness recommendations
- middle school 1:1 Chromebook lease
- Highland flooring bids
- Landscaping bids
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to view the meeting:
The State issued an executive order on March 16 that amended provisions to the Open Meetings Act. This executive order allows school boards the ability to hold meetings virtually due to the Governor’s Stay at Home Order as a result of COVID-19.
This meeting will be held via Zoom, and only School Board members and meeting presenters will be permitted to directly enter the meeting. The public may view the meeting via a live stream on the District 58 YouTube page at www.youtube.com/DownersGrove58. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on YouTube and posted to the District 58 website.
There will be a room available for members of the public who opt to attend the meeting in person. The meeting will be held at the District 58 Longfellow Center, 1435 Prairie Ave. The District will set up a livestream in a separate room in the building where the meeting is held. Social distancing must be adhered to and all visitors to the meeting must wear a mask.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. District 58 created a Google Form, which is linked in the “Public Comment” section of the meeting agenda. This form will be open on Monday, June 8 from 6 p.m. through the end of the public comment portion. The School Board will read public comments aloud during the meeting. All public comments submitted will be posted publicly in the meeting minutes, along with the commenter’s name and attendance area. If a person wishes to make a public comment in person he or she will be escorted by staff from the “livestream room” to the meeting room. Social distancing must be adhered to and all visitors to the meeting must wear a mask. After making the public comment, the visitor will be escorted back to the “livestream room.”
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://www.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/Public.