Grove Children’s Preschool tuition applications for the 2024-25 school year will open online on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 8 a.m. First-priority preschool applications are due Monday, March 11.
Grove Children’s Preschool is located at Henry Puffer School and Indian Trail School (6235 Stonewall Ave.) in Downers Grove. Students attend school five days per week during either a morning or an afternoon session.
Here is what community members and parents said about the Grove Preschool program when it earned a Gold Rating from the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). It is the highest honor that a preschool can receive.
- “We knew it when we found the right preschool! Total gold stars - all of the staff!”
- “This is a phenomenal group of educators! Their role sets the tone for the parents and the kiddos when starting their school experience!”
Why the Grove Children’s Preschool...
- Earned back-to-back gold ratings on the Illinois State Board of Education preschool audit. The gold rating is the highest score that an Illinois preschool can achieve. Grove Children’s Preschool is one of only a few preschools in Downers Grove with this high of a rating.
- Uses state-recognized curricula that seamlessly align with District 58’s kindergarten curriculum, including the:
- Creative Curriculum for Preschool, a state-recognized curriculum that provides students with a variety of active and quiet work/play centers and teaches children to make good choices, create and interact with their peers. The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is fully aligned with the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity and lifelong critical thinking skills.
- Second Step Social-Emotional Curriculum, which helps the youngest learners benefit more from preschool and be better prepared for kindergarten with self-regulation and executive-function skills that help them pay attention, remember directions and regulate their behavior.
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Curriculum, a research-based foundational literacy skill curriculum that delivers high-quality, developmentally appropriate handwriting instruction.
- Michael Haggerty Phonemic Awareness Curriculum, which is a research-based curriculum that provides students daily lessons in: letter naming, rhyme, onset fluency, blending, identifying final and/or medial sounds, segmenting, adding/deleting/substituting phonemes and language awareness.
- Engages parents and family members through a variety of volunteer opportunities, family fun nights and parent education events.
- Offers students participation in a variety of community experiences through the Downers Grove Public Library, Downers Grove Fire and Police departments, DuPage County Health Department and other local community resources.
Here are additional comments that parents said about the Grove Preschool program:
- “My three youngest were so fortunate to be there!”
- “Congrats to an amazing group of teachers, fabulous teaching assistants, and caring support staff at both Indian Trail and Henry Puffer! You make Downers Grove #58 proud every day!”
- We are so lucky to have a program like this that supports families and young learners.”
- “We absolutely loved Grove Preschool”
Please visit www.dg58.org/preschool to learn more about Grove Children’s Preschool, including tuition information, a virtual tour, frequently asked questions and more. Or, call 630-968-0454 or visit www.dg58.org/preschool. Here is the link to the online application.