The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, Nov. 13, 2023, at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A public hearing on the 2023 tax levy
- A Fairmount School presentation
- A spotlight on District 58’s State School Report Card
- A recommendation to adopt a 2023 American Education Week resolution
- A recommendation to approve the 2023 Certificate of Tax Levy
- A recommendation to approve the 2023-28 Strategic Plan
- A recommendation to approve an Intergovernmental Agreement between District 58 and the Village of Downers Grove for the replacement of a water main
- A recommendation for approval of a food contract with Quest for the elementary pilot lunch program
- A recommendation to approve membership in the SDEAA Athletic Conference
- A recommendation to approve an internet circuit that could connect the new district office at the civic center building
- A recommendation to approve an application for a school maintenance project grant
- A recommendation to designate surplus equipment so it can be sold
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics on the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.