The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, Oct. 9, 2023, at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- An O’Neill Middle School presentation
- An update from the District’s owner’s representative on referendum projects
- A spotlight on District 58’s fall assessment data
- A report on the Sept. 19 Policy Committee
- A report on the Oct. 4 Legislative Committee
- A report on the Oct. 6 Financial Advisory Committee
- A report on the Oct. 9 District Leadership Team
- A report on the Sept. 28 Health and Wellness Committee meeting
- A report on SASED
- A recommendation to appoint a delegate to the 2023 Illinois Association of School Board’s Delegate Assembly
- A recommendation to adopt policy updates from PRESS Issue 112 and a correction to Policy 7:270 - Administering Medicines to Students
- A recommendation from the Health and Wellness Committee to approve increases in medical insurance rates on two of five healthcare plans, and to slightly increase the contribution to health savings account (HSA)
- A recommendation to increase substitute pay for instructional assistants.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics on the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.