The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, April 10, 2023, at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A Belle Aire School presentation
- An update on the District Equity Leadership Team’s work
- A recommendation for the honorable dismissal of teachers and part-time educational support staff, many of whom will be hired back as student enrollment is finalized
- A recommendation to ratify proposed amendments to joint articles of agreement related to reconfiguring governing boards for the School Association for Special Education (SASED)
- A recommendation to approve an intergovernmental agreement with public schools in DuPage County to provide voluntary mutual assistance in the event of a crisis
- A recommendation to approve a tax abatement of $40,990 under an agreement with Rexnord Aerospace related to the expansion of its facilities
- Recommendation to declare older Chromebooks and other equipment as surplus so that they can be sold
- Recommendations to approve bids for copy paper, general supplies and art supplies for the 2023-24 school year; and an update to the wireless network
To see all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.