The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A Henry Puffer School presentation
- A spotlight on District 58 winter assessment data
- A discussion on full-day kindergarten
- A recommendation to approve the Personnel Report, which includes a recommendation to appoint Lauryn Humphris as the next principal of O’Neill Middle School, effective July 1, 2023. Ms. Humphris will replace Matt Durbala who is retiring at the end of the school year.
- A recommendation to approve several Board policy updates, as recommended by the Policy Committee
- A recommendation to approve 2023-24 school fees
- A recommendation to approve a copier lease amendment with Proven IT
- A recommendation to approve amendments to the District’s architect’s contract with Wight & Company
- A recommendation to approve the transfer of $10 million from the working cash fund to the education fund; this money will be reimbursed once the school district receives its property tax payments.
- A recommendation to approve a middle school traffic survey proposal with KLOA
- A recommendation to approve the purchase of Landscape Structures play equipment for the Fairmount playground.
- A recommendation to approve a bid for Pierce Downer and Lester playground equipment installation and related work to Innovation Landscapes Inc.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.