The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Curriculum Workshop on Monday, Nov. 21, 2022 at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- Equity in District 58
- Defining the “why” behind equity
- State data: Equity Journey Continuum overview
- Local data: District 58’s Draft Equity Audit overview
- Potential next steps
- Safety in District 58 and Proactive Measures
- Physical structure of the buildings
- Enhanced screening of visitors
- Staff and student crisis training
- Educating students further on acceptable and unacceptable statements
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.