The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, Aug. 8, 2022 at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A back-to-school update
- A review of the tentative 2022-23 budget
- A discussion on options for potential construction projects
- A recommendation to approve a resolution to place a proposal on the Nov. 8, 2022 ballot to issue $179 million in bonds to improve facilities. The proposal includes school building maintenance projects; health, safety and security upgrades, including adding air-conditioning and more secure entrances; and expansion of the two middle schools (Herrick and O’Neill) to accommodate sixth-grade students.
- A recommendation to approve District 58’s Fiscal Year 2023 Consolidated District Plan application
- A recommendation to designate serious safety hazards for the 2022-23 school year. This allows students who reside within these designated areas to be eligible for fee-based bus transportation services, despite living within the 1.5 mile limit.
- A recommendation to award the 2022-23 snow removal bid to Langton Group of Woodstock, Illinois.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.