The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, April 11, 2022 at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A flag salute by Fairmount students, and a Fairmount presentation.
- A discussion and potential action on a possible two-way dual language program.
- An overview of the proposed 2023-27 Financial Plan.
- A recommendation to approve the 2021-22 amended school calendar.
- A recommendation to approve a resolution regarding the 2021 property tax abatement for the Rexnord facility.
- A recommendation to affirm and ratify existing COVID-19 mitigations.
- A recommendation to adopt Savvas’s myWorld Interactive Illinois social studies curriculum resource for grades K-5.
- A recommendation to approve a donation for Pierce Downer playground improvements (phase I) from an anonymous donor.
- A recommendation to approve a bid for Pierce Downer playground improvements.
- A recommendation to approve a bid for miscellaneous painting at District 58 schools.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.