The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 at O’Neill Middle School, 635 59th St., at 7 p.m. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s guidelines for Phase 5, there will no longer be a limit to the number of guests who are permitted to attend the meeting in person. Current health department guidelines require everyone who enters a District 58 facility to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
The public may also view the meeting remotely, via District 58’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the video will be posted on the District’s YouTube page.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A flag salute by Belle Aire students, and a Belle Aire presentation.
- A spotlight on facilities.
- A recommendation to approve a Belle Aire playground fundraising plan, presented by the Belle Aire community.
- A recommendation to approve a Kingsley playground fundraising plan, presented by the Kingsley community.
- A recommendation to adopt a resolution regarding the TRS Employer Participation Agreement for the 457(b) Supplemental Savings Program.
- A recommendation to approve an agreement between District 58 and ECRA Consulting Group for $29,398.
- A recommendation to award a bid for moving services to Advanced Moving & Storage for $23,500.
- A recommendation to designate 26 iPad Minis, four Apple Mac Minis, a ream cutter, a floor scrubber and a file cabinet as surplus equipment.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
Please note: this meeting combined the Board’s fall facilities workshop and regular December business meeting. As such, this meeting will offer two public comment opportunities.
The first opportunity will serve as the “extended” public comment that is typically offered during Board workshops, and it will occur immediately following the facilities spotlight. The extended public comment will be 30-minutes long, during which time the community and Board may engage in a two-way dialogue. Topics during this public comment must relate to District 58 facilities.
The second public comment will take place after the committee reports, and comments can pertain to any topic. This public comment opportunity will follow the typical one-way communication format offered during Board business meetings. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.