The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, Nov. 8, 2021 at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave., at 7 p.m. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s guidelines for Phase 5, there will no longer be a limit to the number of guests who are permitted to attend the meeting in person. Current health department guidelines require everyone who enters a Village of Downers Grove facility to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A truth-in-taxation tax levy hearing.
- A flag salute by Highland School students, and a Highland presentation.
- A discussion regarding next steps for strategic planning and the development of District 58’s portrait of a graduate and key performance indicators.
- Approval of the District’s position on resolutions in the 2021 Illinois Association of School Boards’ Resolutions Committee Report. Delegate Emily Hanus will cast her vote accordingly at the Delegate Assembly meeting this month.
- A recommendation to adopt the American Education Week resolution.
- A recommendation to adopt the 2021 Certificate of Levy in the amount of $62.61 million.
- A recommendation to designate 14 printers as surplus equipment.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.