The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021 at O’Neill Middle School, 635 59th St., at 7 p.m. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s guidelines for Phase 5, there will no longer be a limit to the number of guests who are permitted to attend the meeting in person. Current health department guidelines require everyone who enters a school to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status. Visitors who do not wear a mask will not be permitted to enter.
The public may also view the meeting remotely, via District 58’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on District 58’s YouTube channel and shared on the District 58 website.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A flag salute by Henry Puffer School students, and a Henry Puffer presentation.
- A spotlight on fall assessment data
- A discussion regarding the public information program timeline for a potential facilities referendum. The Board will also vote to approve a recommendation regarding this timeline.
- A recommendation to approve 2022 insurance rates.
- A recommendation to approve District 58’s application for the School Maintenance Project Grant.
- A recommendation to designate computer carts, a push blower, a rolling cabinet, desks, refrigerator and a file cabinet as surplus equipment.
- A recommendation to approve updates to 20 policies.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.