The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7 p.m. at O’Neill Middle School, 635 59th St. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s guidelines for Phase 5, there will no longer be a limit to the number of guests who are permitted to attend the meeting in person. Additionally, attendees are not required to wear a mask or adhere to social distancing if they are fully vaccinated. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the District 58 YouTube page.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A public hearing on the proposed amended 2021-22 budget. The District sold $3.335 million in bonds this winter in order to pay for critical summer 2021 capital projects. This bond sale was not planned in the original 2020-21 budget, and the budget must be amended to reflect this funding, along with additional federal stimulus revenues. Later in the meeting, the Board will vote to approve the amended budget.
- A spotlight on spring assessment data and curricular updates.
- A spotlight on the District’s 2021 School Environment Survey results.
- A discussion on e-learning for the 2021-22 school year (specifically, regarding whether District 58 should consider implementing e-learning during days when school cannot be open in-person, such as after a heavy snowfall).
- Approval of the Personnel Report, which will include three administrative appointments (District manager of business services, Herrick assistant principal and Kingsley assistant principal/curriculum coordinator)
- A recommendation to rescind Policy 2:232 - Temporary Rules for Public Participation at School Board Meeting During COVID-19 Emergency, effective July 14, 2021.
- A recommendation to reappoint Todd Drafall as the school treasurer.
- A recommendation to approve a Surety Bond of Treasurer resolution.
- A recommendation to accept an Aetna proposal for stop-loss insurance coverage at a cost of $1,597,331 for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
- A recommendation to approve an updated employee wellness program, as presented by the Health and Wellness Committee.
- A recommendation to renew the District’s property, casualty and workers’ compensation insurance for the 2021-22 fiscal year for $490,606.
- A recommendation to accept a masonry and wall assessment services proposal from Inspec Inc. for $40,280.
- A recommendation to nominate Member Steven Olczyk to serve as District 58’s representative to the Downers Grove Plan Commission for the 2021-22 fiscal year.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to view the meeting remotely:
If not attending in person, the public may view the meeting via a live stream on the District 58 YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on District 58’s YouTube channel and shared on the District 58 website.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. In addition, remote visitors can make comments remotely. To make a remote public comment, please call 630-743-4085 and record your comment. Comments must be recorded between 6 p.m. and the beginning of the Public Comment portion of the meeting on June 14.
Recorded public comments will be played during the meeting. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.