The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Board Meeting on Monday, Jan. 11, 2021 at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzer’s guidelines for Phase 4 - Tier 3, visitors may participate in the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube livestream.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- An update on the District 58 learning model
- A virtual flag salute by Indian Trail students, and an Indian Trail School presentation
- An employee health and wellness spotlight
- Votes to approve several actions, including:
- A resolution to declare the intent to issue $3.335 million in working cash fund bonds, as well as a second resolution calling for a public hearing concerning this intended sale. This funding would be used to fund critical capital project work at District 58 schools.
- Bids for floor tile abatement for Henry Puffer’s basement and two O’Neill classrooms
- Bids for new flooring for Henry Puffer’s basement and three O’Neill classrooms
- An engineering proposal for Fairmount mechanical equipment improvements
- 2021-22 preschool fees
- Adoption of several Board policy revisions
There will be a standing action item on the Board Agenda for the duration of the pandemic in the event the Board is required to respond to rapidly changing events that may impact the District's learning plans.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to view the meeting:
The State enacted legislation last spring that amended provisions to the Open Meetings Act. Public Act 101-640 allows school boards to hold meetings virtually during a disaster proclamation such as that due to COVID-19.
The public may view the meeting via a live stream on the Village's YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on District 58’s YouTube channel and shared on the District 58 website.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. To make a remote public comment, please call 630-743-4085 and record your comment. Comments must be recorded between 6 p.m. and the beginning of the Public Comment portion of the meeting on Jan. 11. Recorded public comments will be played during the meeting. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.