The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Board Meeting on Monday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. at the Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. Under Governor Pritzker’s guidelines for Phase 4, a limited number of seats will be available for the public to attend the meeting in person. The public is strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting remotely.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A spotlight on the 2020 Illinois Report Card for District 58
- A vote to adopt an American Education Week resolution
- A vote to adopt the 2020 Certificate of Levy
- A vote to approve the District’s position on resolutions in the 2020 Illinois Association of School Boards’ Resolutions Committee Report. Delegate Emily Hanus will cast her vote accordingly at the Delegate Assembly meeting this month.
- A vote to designate a Delta band saw and a John Deere 525 tractor as surplus equipment
- A vote to approve mechanical engineering services for Pierce Downer School’s roof project
There will be a standing action item on the Board Agenda for the duration of the pandemic in the event the Board is required to respond to rapidly changing events that may impact the District's learning plans.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to view the meeting:
The State enacted legislation this spring that amended provisions to the Open Meetings Act. Public Act 101-640 allows school boards to hold meetings virtually during a disaster proclamation such as that due to COVID-19.
The public may view the meeting via a live stream on the Village's YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on District 58’s YouTube channel and shared on the District 58 website.
For those who choose to attend the meeting in person, seating for visitors will be limited to 25 on a first come, first served basis. Social distancing must be adhered to and all visitors must wear a mask. The doors will open at 6:45 p.m.
How to make a public comment during the meeting if you do not attend in person:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. To make a remote public comment, please call 630-743-4085 and record your comment. Comments must be recorded between 6 p.m. and the beginning of the Public Comment portion of the meeting on Nov. 9. Recorded public comments will be played during the meeting. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://www.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/Public.