The health and safety of our staff, students and community is our top priority. Information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is continuously evolving, and we will use our website to provide updates and important information about positive cases in the school community, the Return to Learn plan, and health and safety measures that the District has implemented.
Please browse the resources below for important information throughout the 2021-22 school year.
This checklist provides the three steps families should take every day to ensure their child is safe to attend school.
Is it possible your child has COVID-19? Learn what to do by viewing this FAQ guide! The guide includes:
- how to assess your child's risk for COVID-19
- when to exclude your child from school due to possible COVID-19
- steps to take when you believe your child may have COVID-19
- a list of COVID-19 testing sites
- COVID-19 forms to submit after receiving a negative COVID test, alternative diagnosis, and completed quarantine
- This page lists all known positive COVID-19 cases among students and staff in District 58. It is updated whenever there is a new case.
- This dashboard presents District 58's cumuluative confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases and is updated once per week, on Fridays at 4 p.m.
The instructional plan includes the District's detailed health and safety protocols for the 2021-22 school year.
Provide an educational experience that is as closely aligned to a pre-Covid typical year of instruction as possible, with an emphasis on maximizing in-person instruction
Prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff.
Minimize disruptions to the educational process.
Adhere to the CDC, ISBE and IDPH guidelines to return students to schools.