The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Business Meeting on Monday, August 14, 2023, at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, the Village will process the video and send it to District 58 to be posted on the District’s YouTube channel.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- An update from the District’s owner’s representative on referendum projects
- A recommendation for training for identified staff in Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling (LETRS)
- A recommendation to increase the stipend for hard-to-fill positions for instructional assistants from $1,200 to $2,000
- A recommendation to recognize a number of areas as “hazardous” walk areas, and thus approve fee-based transportation services for students who live in those areas (the recommendation is the same as last school year)
- A recommendation to approve a landscape design proposal for both middle schools as part of the referendum projects
- A recommendation to approve reimbursable lunch costs
- A recommendation to approve a third-party technical plan review of building permits and inspection services during construction
- A recommendation to approve third-party commissioning services which will provide technical design review and field oversight of testing and startup of major new equipment and systems as part of the referendum projects
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics on the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.