The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, Sept. 13, 2021 at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. at 7 p.m. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s guidelines for Phase 5, there will no longer be a limit to the number of guests who are permitted to attend the meeting in person. Under current health department guidelines, attendees are required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. The public may also view the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on District 58’s YouTube channel and shared on the District 58 website.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A flag salute by Herrick Middle School students, and a Herrick presentation.
- A public hearing on the 2021-22 budget and a recommendation to approve the budget.
- A spotlight on District 58 enrollment and staffing.
- A spotlight on District 58’s potential partnership with the Village of Downers Grove for a shared administrative facility, and a recommendation to approve an agreement on key terms for this potential partnership.
- The approval of the Personnel Report, which includes the appointment of a new preschool coordinator.
- A recommendation to approve renovation concepts for the Pierce Downer playground, which will be paid for by a donation from a Pierce Downer community group.
- A recommendation to designate serious safety hazards for the 2021-22 school year. This allows students who reside within these designated areas to be eligible for fee-based bus transportation services, despite living within the 1.5 mile limit.
- A recommendation to adopt a resolution appointing District 58’s authorized agent for the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
- A recommendation to designate a display case, floor machine, wooden cart and two trucks as surplus equipment.
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.