The District 58 Board of Education will hold a Regular Board Meeting on Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7 p.m. at Downers Grove Village Hall, 801 Burlington Ave. Under Gov. J.B. Pritzer’s guidelines for Phase 4, a limited number of seats will be available for the public to attend the meeting in person. The public is strongly encouraged to participate in the meeting remotely, via the Village of Downers Grove’s YouTube livestream.
The meeting agenda covers many topics, including:
- A virtual flag salute by El Sierra students, and an El Sierra School presentation
- A staffing and instructional program spotlight
- A presentation of the District’s draft Financial Plan
- A vote to approve the Personnel Report, which includes the appointment of a new Lester School principal for the 2021-22 school year, as well as 2020-21 staff stipends and 2021-22 administrative salaries
- A resolution regarding the honorable dismissal of teachers. Annually, positions are reduced pending enrollment and staffing plans for the upcoming year. As in years’ past, as soon as District 58 opens its 2020-21 enrollment process and can verify its enrollment needs for next school year, the District will call back these important employees.
- Votes to approve the revised 2020-21 school calendar and the proposed 2021-22 school calendar
- A vote to approve student fees for the 2021-22 school year
- An abatement resolution to move $3.2 million from the working cash fund to the capital projects fund in order to pay for needed capital projects this summer.
- An abatement resolution to move $30,000 out of the working cash fund to the bond and interest fund to cover this fund’s negative balance
- Votes to approve a bid for the Pierce Downer roof replacement and Pierce Downer mechanicals
- Votes to approved bids for 2021-22 general supplies and 2021-22 art supplies
To view all Board meeting topics, view the agenda.
How to view the meeting:
The State enacted legislation last spring that amended provisions to the Open Meetings Act. Public Act 101-640 allows school boards to hold meetings virtually during a disaster proclamation such as that due to COVID-19.
The public may view the meeting via a live stream on the Village's YouTube page. After the meeting has concluded, this live stream will be saved on District 58’s YouTube channel and shared on the District 58 website.
For those who choose to attend the meeting in person, seating for visitors will be limited to 25 on a first come, first served basis. Social distancing must be adhered to and all visitors must wear a mask. The doors will open at 6:45 p.m.
How to make a public comment during the meeting:
The Board encourages public comment from the community. There will be an opportunity for in-person visitors to make a public comment. In addition, remote visitors can make comments remotely. To make a remote public comment, please call 630-743-4085 and record your comment. Comments must be recorded between 6 p.m. and the beginning of the Public Comment portion of the meeting on March 8.
Recorded public comments will be played during the meeting. Members of the public may communicate with the Board at any time by emailing email@example.com.
View more information about these and all Board meeting topics in the Board agenda at https://go.boarddocs.com/il/dg58/Board.nsf/vpublic?open.