Preschool registration for 2021-22 school year will open Monday, Feb. 1 at 8 a.m.
Downers Grove Grade School District 58 invites prospective preschool families to attend a virtual open house to learn more about its gold-rated Grove Children’s Preschool program. The open houses will take place via Zoom on Wednesday, Jan. 25 from 6-7 p.m. and on Thursday, Jan. 26 from 6-7 p.m. A Zoom link will be posted at www.dg58.org/preschool prior to the open houses.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about Grove Children’s Preschool’s nationally recognized, research-based curriculum, instruction and assessment tools. Additional topics will include parent partnerships and the application and registration process.
Grove Children’s Preschool tuition registration for the 2021-22 school year will open online at www.dg58.org/preschool on Monday, Feb. 1 at 8 a.m. First priority applications are due Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021.
Grove Children’s Preschool is located at Henry Puffer and Indian Trail schools in Downers Grove, and is open to children ages 3-5 who reside within District 58 boundaries. During a typical school year, students attend preschool five days per week during either a morning session or an afternoon session. For the current 2020-21 school year, preschool students attend one of three sessions each day (morning, mid-day and afternoon), due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2021-22 preschool schedule will be finalized later this year and in accordance with all recommended safety guidelines.
Why our program? Grove Children’s Preschool...
- Earned back-to-back gold ratings on the Illinois State Board of Education preschool audit. The gold rating is the highest score that an Illinois preschool can achieve. Grove Children’s Preschool is one of only two preschools in Downers Grove with this high of a rating.
- Uses state-recognized curricula that seamlessly align with District 58’s kindergarten curriculum, including the:
- Creative Curriculum for Preschool, a state-recognized curriculum that provides students with a variety of active and quiet work/play centers and teaches children to make good choices, create and interact with their peers. The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is fully aligned with the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity and lifelong critical thinking skills.
- Second Step Social-Emotional Curriculum, which helps the youngest learners benefit more from preschool and be better prepared for kindergarten with self-regulation and executive-function skills that help them pay attention, remember directions and regulate their behavior.
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Curriculum, a research-based foundational literacy skill curriculum that delivers high-quality, developmentally-appropriate handwriting instruction.
- Michael Haggerty Phonemic Awareness Curriculum, which is a research-based curriculum that provides students daily lessons in: letter naming, rhyme, onset fluency, blending, identifying final and/or medial sounds, segmenting, adding/deleting/substituting phonemes and language awareness.
- Engages parents and family members through a variety of volunteer opportunities, family fun nights and parent education events.
- Offers students participation in a variety of community experiences through the Downers Grove Public Library, Downers Grove Fire and Police departments, DuPage County Health Department and other local community resources.
To learn more about Grove Children’s Preschool, call 630-968-0454 or visit www.dg58.org/preschool.