Seven students receive Honorable Mentions at state level
The Illinois PTA Reflections art competition recently selected one District 58 student’s art project to advance to the National PTA Reflections competition. Only 26 students statewide advanced to this level of the competition! The state competition also awarded eight State Honorable Mentions to seven District 58 students.
Reflections is a national PTA arts recognition and achievement program for students. Through Reflections, students in preschool through 12th grade are invited to submit works of art in six areas: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. The theme for the 2020-21 program is "I Matter Because...”
Congratulations to the District 58 student who will advance to the national competition:
- Avery Miller, Pierce Downer: “Swirly Thoughts” in Visual Arts (pictured here)
Avery’s PTA Reflections project will be featured among the top young artists in the country during the National PTA Reflections competition, which will take place this May.
Only 48 projects received Honorable Mentions at the state level. Congratulations to the seven District 58 students whose eight projects received Honorable Mentions:
- Chase C., Lester: “We are all Unique” in Dance Choreography
- Reese L., Highland: “Dance Matters” in Dance Choreography
- Delaney H., Lester: “I Matter Because I’m Unique in Different Ways” in Film Production
- Avery M., Pierce Downer: “Animated Matter” in Film Production
- Greta H., Hillcrest: “I Matter” in Literature
- Rachel A., Whittier: “Rachel Matters” in Photography
- Jade Leo H., Whittier: “My Long Special Hair” in Photography
- Avery M., Pierce Downer: “Forging MY Path” in Photography
Learn more about the PTA Reflections Program at https://illinoispta.org/programs/.