Welcome to Highland School! Whether you’re a current or future Highland student, we hope you find this page helpful! If you have any questions about Highland, please contact Principal Zachary Craft at email@example.com or 630-719-5835.
Grade 1-6 and OKEEP: 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Monday); 8:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Tuesday-Friday);
AM-Only Kindergarten: 8:15-11:20 a.m.
New to Highland School? Start here!
- School boundary map
- District 58’s kindergarten guide: This guide provides parents with information regarding kindergarten registration, preparing for kindergarten, the kindergarten curriculum, helpful parent resources, a communication guide and community services.
- Student registration information
- Highland registration forms and information
- Immunization requirements: As required by Illinois School Code, students must receive health examinations and immunizations as certain grade levels.
- District 58 communication guide: This guide describes how, when and why District 58 communicates with parents. Here at Highland, you can expect a weekly school newsletter, sent Fridays at 8 a.m. during the school year. Teachers communicate with parents via the Seesaw app and email. There are also two formal parent-teacher conference opportunities each year.
- Get involved! Sign up to receive Communicate 58, District 58’s biweekly newsletter, and join the PTA!
Helpful Resources for All Highland Families:
- Highland School Parent Handbook: This handbook provides simple and brief information regarding Highland’s daily procedures, such as building security, classroom celebrations, pickup/dropoff procedures, fruit break and more.
- District 58 Family Handbook: This handbook provides a comprehensive review of District 58’s student policies and procedures.
- District 58’s Family Resources page: This page provides information on the school schedule, calendar, communications, parent handbook, food services, student fees and fee waivers, health services and before/after school care.
- District 58’s Back-to-School Toolkit: This page includes the school schedule, calendar, curriculum night, school supply lists, bus routes, health requirements, before/after school care and more.
- District 58 curriculum information
- District 58 special education services
- Log on to SQUIRREL, the parent portal that provides detailed curriculum information for each grade level, student assessment scores, and much more. (Must be a current parent to receive access).
- District 58’s student report card
- District 58 student assessment schedule
- District 58 health services page
- School supply lists
- Emergency communication information
- Emergency closing information
Connect with Highland and District 58!
- District 58’s Communication Guide
- Sign up to receive Communicate 58 newsletter
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Read District 58’s publications
- View photos and stories featuring District 58 schools
- Learn about District 58’s Strategic Plan, which guides the District’s decision-making.
- Learn the District’s mission, vision and points of pride
- Join the Highland PTA