Belle Aire School is an elementary school in Downers Grove Grade School District 58. The school opened in the fall of 1969. It has open classrooms which are built on either side of the school’s Learning Center. The school colors are royal blue and gold, and the school mascot is a bulldog. The Belle Aire School attendence area includes parts of Downers Grove (60515) and Oak Brook (60523). The 2018-19 enrollment at Belle Aire is 237 students in Kindergarten through Grade 6. A highly trained and dedicated staff provides a warm, understanding, and effective learning environment. They are supported by an outstanding group of parents and a very supportive PTA.
Belle Aire Elementary School is a place where…
- education takes place in a safe, welcoming environment.
- students are treated as individuals, and they are given opportunities to succeed.
- the students able to take risks, to learn, and to grow.
- there is a strong sense of community, where we all laugh, learn, and love, and where our students, parents and staff feel a part of the Belle Aire family.
- we care, we support, we help, we accept, we nurture, and we encourage.
- we honor energy, innovation, respect, and high expectations.
- the teachers are working together for the benefit of each student.