The health and safety of our staff, students and community is our top priority. Information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic is continuously evolving, and we will use our website to provide updates and important information about positive cases in the school community, the Return to Learn hybrid and full remote plan, and health and safety measures that the District has implemented.
Please browse the resources below for important information throughout the 2020-21 school year.
Is it possible your child has COVID-19? Learn what to do by viewing this guide! The guide includes:
- how to assess your child's risk for COVID-19
- when to exclude your child from school due to possible COVID-19
- steps to take when you believe your child may have COVID-19
- a list of COVID-19 testing sites
- COVID-19 forms to submit after receiving a negative COVID test, alternative diagnosis, and completed quarantine
- This page lists all known positive COVID-19 cases among students and staff in District 58. It is updated whenever there is a new case.
- This dashboard presents District 58's cumuluative confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases and is updated once per week, on Fridays at 4 p.m.
- Keep our students and employees safe in accordance with the ISBE and IDPH guidelines.
- Adhere to the ISBE and IDPH guidelines to return students to schools using a hybrid approach of in-person instruction and online asynchronous learning .
- Provide families an option for full remote for those who choose to opt out of the hybrid model
- Make decisions based on objective information provided by scientific, public health, and medical experts at the IDPH and DCHD.