Technology is transforming how students learn, explore, and make connections, and we want to help parents find ways to maximize these opportunities at home.
Spring/summer 2014 parent education sessions at Longfellow
District 58 will host parent education sessions in May, June, July and August that will address social media, digital citizenship, learning in a 1:1 environment, digital tools, and basic functions of 1:1 devices. Each of the workshops will cover all of the topics and is open to all interested parents and community members. All workshops will take place at Longfellow Center, 1435 Prairie Ave., Downers Grove.
Workshops are scheduled for the following dates and times:
For more information about the workshops, contact Director of Innovative Technology and Learning James Eichmiller, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction Dr. Matt Rich at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, May 21, 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 21, 7 p.m.
- Monday, June 9, 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 8, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 23, 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 6, 10 a.m.
- Monday, August 18, 1 p.m.
- Monday, August 25, 7 p.m.
2013 Parent Tech Support Events at Downers Grove Public Library
- September 20th: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- September 30th: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- October 16th: 9:30am – 10:30am
- November 15th: 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- December 2nd: 7:00pm – 8:00pm